Sunday, July 29, 2012

30 Days 30 Beers: Day 24

Day 24:
Magic Hat Brewing Co #9 Not Quite Pale Ale


Ummm, Wow.

If you like Apricot, this is the beer for you.  I have never heard of this one before, nor did the label give any indication of it being a "fruit beer" as far as I could tell.  Needless to say I was quite surprised.  But that's not always a bad thing.  However in this case...
Holy crap does the apricot flavor stand out... This one is sweet, very sweet.  The apricot flavor practically drowns out everything else, but the finish is slightly bitter, just enough to remind you that this is in fact a beer of some sort.
Really having a hard time finishing this one... To be honest, at times it tastes more like apricot flavored club soda than a beer.
If my wife wasn't already sleeping, I'd let her finish this one off. 

No comments: