Saturday, July 07, 2012

30 days 30 beers

No this isn't arcade related, but I'm putting it here anyway.
It's too damn hot to do anything in the arcade anyway :D

I'm 4 days into this already, been posting it on a webforum I frequent, I'll copy what I've done already to this post, and start one post per day with day 5.

Note: I am not a beer snob connoisseur, so don't expect the type of reviews that you see on those sites where any beer that isn't brewed in some tiny microbrewery in a town no one has ever heard of (minimum 500 miles from any major metropolitan area), using only the local artisan spring water which has been personally spooged in by 40 virgins on a nightly basis is considered swill.
My reviews are going to be more along the lines of "Does it taste good?  What does it taste like?  What color is it? Would I buy it again"
That being said, here are days 1-4.

Day 1:
Leinenkugels Summer Shandy


Label describes it as "A weiss beer brewed with honey with a natural lemonade flavor"...

Not bad, not great, figured it would be a lot sweeter, but thankfully it had just a bit of lemon flavor... more like a lemon peel than a lemonade flavor.   The lemon wasn't really too overpowering (at least to me.)
Pretty good though for a hot summer day, goes down really easy.  Grabbed a few of these cans as they were on sale, and went through them pretty quickly.



No comments: